Auto Generate Synopsis

Would very much appreciate:

-Deactivate “Auto-generate synopsis” button if document is blank, and synopsis contains text. This would eliminate accidental deletions of synopsis text.

-Add function to append synopsis to document text (start or ending of document) Maybe option-click on the auto-generate button?

Thanks for considering.

If you accidentally get rid of your synopsis by clicking the button, just click into the index card and then hit undo. Remember that the document text has its own undo stack, so hitting undo whilst the focus is in the text will only affect the last document text change.

As for appending the synopsis - click, cmd-A, cmd-C, click, cmd-V! :slight_smile:

Best,
Keith

Yes, I knew the workarounds, but I find they interrupt the creative flow. I won’t expect any changes, but feel free to surprise me. :wink:

Kind of a headache when I’ve brainstormed 30+ cards, and now I want to copy the synopsis text into the documents. This is exactly the kind of thing computers are great at. Highlight 30 cards, pull down a menu that says “Append to Document,” and move on with your writing.

Thanks for considering.

Sorry, it’s a no on this one. 1.12 already has a lot of new features despite the fact that I’ve declared feature freeze, and this is a shortcut for an action that won’t be taken very often by very many users, which only takes a few seconds to perform as it is.
Best,
Keith

I hope when you implement AppleScript, you allow for this kind of functionality. Looping through all the index cards in a selection and performing an operation on each of them is exactly the kind of thing for which we could be writing our own Apple Scripts.