Auto hide binder and inspector

Just a little interface suggestion:
Perhaps for 1.13 or so: Would it be possible to make the binder and inspector auto-hide if the user wants to? So when I move the mouse to the left or right side of the window, the binder/inspector would come up and fade away when I move the mouse away.
The application I’m using to develop software has this feature and I find it very handy.

This should be possible since the Scrivener fullscreen-mode uses this behaviour, too.

This is my last feature wish for today, I promise :slight_smile:

I’m afraid I don’t see this coming into the interface, really. The full screen control panel is quite a different thing entirely. The interface and binder can be hidden or displayed with a quick keyboard shortcut, which is as it should be.
Best,
Keith

mm, ok :frowning:
When the Binder and the Inspector are visible, screen space is very limited on a small screen. Of course the key commands work, but for mouse-centric people it is much easier to move the mouse to the edge of the screen.
Perhaps 2.0?

Surely mouse-centric people can just click the Binder icon in the toolbar? (If it isn’t there by default, you can add it via Customize Toolbar.)

Yes, that’s what I’m doing at the moment.
But its much “harder” to move the mouse precisely to a certain spot as it is to move it to the side.
But I got the message: No :slight_smile: