Autocomplete in fullscreen mode?

Hi,
Does the autocomplete feature not work in fullscreen? I vaguely remember that it did when I first tried the demo, but now it does not (I get a sys beep when I try).

Yes, it does work. You hit cmd-period to bring it up.
Best,
Keith

Thanks for the response, but I’ve tried both key combos and all I get is an error beep from CMD(applekey)-. and OPT-esc just exits fullscreen. It works in non-fullscreen mode, however.
I was running scrivener off the .dmg, but now I’ve dragged it to the Apps folder thinking that might be the problem. It still doesn’t work. Any ideas? I’m not getting any errors on the console either, BTW.

Update: I am getting the following message on the console when it beeps…

2008-06-20 15:37:22.654 Scrivener[687] passed-in style: Alignment 4, LineSpacing 0, ParagraphSpacing 0, ParagraphSpacingBefore 24, HeadIndent 36, TailIndent 468, FirstLineHeadIndent 36, LineHeight 0/0, LineHeightMultiple 0, LineBreakMode 0, Tabs (), DefaultTabInterval 0, Blocks (null), Lists (null), BaseWritingDirection -1, HyphenationFactor 0, TighteningFactor 0.05, HeaderLevel 0, saved style: Alignment 4, LineSpacing 0, ParagraphSpacing 0, ParagraphSpacingBefore 24, HeadIndent 36, TailIndent 468, FirstLineHeadIndent 36, LineHeight 0/0, LineHeightMultiple 0, LineBreakMode 0, Tabs (), DefaultTabInterval 0, Blocks (null), Lists (null), BaseWritingDirection -1, HyphenationFactor 0, TighteningFactor 0.05, HeaderLevel 0, isEqual: 1

That message has nothing to do with it - that is entirely innocent, a piece of debugging code that prints out typing attributes that accidentally got left in 1.11 and which can safely be ignored.

Testing this out, I just got the beep myself with cmd-period. Not sure why entirely, but it did work with Opt-Escape - have you tried this? If you use Opt-Escape it should work (Escape on its own will exit full screen.).

All the best,
Keith

actually, OPT-esc dumps me out of fullscreen just as plain-old escape does. I’m on 10.4.11 btw.

Correction, OPT-esc works, it’s just hard for me to hit it right apparently.

Yeah, I’m not sure why cmd-period isn’t working. That shortcut seems to be defined at the system level - it doesn’t appear in any menu - so I don’t know what’s blocking it, unfortunately.
Best,
Keith