autocorrectioin

I’d like Scrivener to do some autocorrection for me, for example, when I type “chinese”, it hope it can automatically correct to “Chinese”.

However, I can’t configure it in scrivener 2.5 in Mavericks 10.9.2.

I go to Scrivener --> Preferences, when I click “System Text Preferences…” I got no response at all. The autocorrection works well in all Mac native apps such as Pages, Safari ( I tested chinese and each time they auto-turns to Chinese. )

Please let me know if this is a bug of Scrivener and if not, please let me know how I can set up the autocorrection. Thanks.

Hi,

There is a minor bug here in that “System Text Preferences…” takes you to the wrong part of System Preferences. This is because Apple changed the location of the text preferences in Mavericks, and I didn’t catch this change before 2.5 was released - it is fixed for 2.6, which is the next update.

The “System Text Preferences” button is just a convenience, though - you can easily access them without using that button. Just go to System Preferences in the Apple menu, select the “Keyboard” pane, and then select the “Text” tab. That is where you can set up your auto-corrections.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Can I put a related question?
I just upgraded from OSX 10.5 to 10.9 and noticed that all my auto-correction entries in Scrivener are gone. I used to have an extensive list to help me typing, kind of “grmg” automatically turning to “grammaticalization”, but none of that works anymore now. I tried the button “System text preferences” which is why I ended up here. I see there is a workaround about that, but I don’t want to re-write my whole auto-correction list in the System preferences – what if I don’t want it in the whole system but just in Scrivener? Is there any way to find my old list again in Mavericks?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile: