automatically importing NEW items into Scrivener at startup

Is there a way to do this? I know how to sync to external folder for items already in scrivener, but want an automated way to have it read a set of NEW files (created outside of scrivener) and import them at startup. Been wracking my brains trying to figure it out. Please help!

Hi, bcragin, and welcome to the forum!

Just create your new files in the Draft folder if you want them imported into the draft, or in the Notes folders if you want them imported somewhere else (you can select the location of imported files if you check Sync all other text documents in the project on the sync options).

You will find more detaild info on the 13.2.2. Usage section of the manual.

Hope this helps!

The only way to do this is using the external folder sync - if you add new files to the external folder, they will be imported, but only if they are text files.

All the best,
Keith

Thank you both for taking the time to help a newbie. I tried the external sync over and over, but with .docx files. Tried with .txt and it worked just fine for me. Thanks!!!

Ah, yes, external folder sync only supports RTF, FDX (Final Draft) or plain text files, sorry, I should have mentioned that. (Word can save any file to RTF.)