Automating Automatic Resizing of PDFs

Hi, I work on the same Scrivener project on several different screen sizes / machines and deal with lots of PDFs as reference material. I am often finding myself having to keep turning on “Automatically Resize” and I would love to have some Scrivener preference where PDFs are by default set to Automatically Resize. I couldn’t see anything in Preferences. I’d be happy with a hidden pref defaults command for this, as I can’t see where exactly it would fit in the existing prefs UI.

Thanks Keith!

How are you setting it? Try going through View > Media > PDF Display. That should remember your settings. By contrast, if you go through the contextual menu, that setting might not be remembered. The contextual menu is built into OS X’s PDFKit PDF view, and doesn’t send any signals up the chain for Scrivener to know about the change and thus remember the settings. The items in “PDF Display” in the main menu, on the other hand, are Scrivener’s own methods that should remember the settings.

All the best,
Keith

Hm, I’m probably mixing both places to set this, thus not surprising I see mixed results! :blush: If I set this in the menu, is this saved within the Scrivener project (i.e. shouldn’t need to set it on a different machine) or ~/Library users settings, and should it apply to both panels of a split layout? Will try to see how setting it from the menu affects opening the project tonight at home…

If you set it via the main View > Media… menu, then it should get saved in the project and thus work the same across machines.

All the best,
Keith