Automating quitting after period of inactivity?

Like other users, I sync Scrivener between my computers using DropBox and, aside from a couple of times when I’ve attempted to open a document before DropBox completed its syncing (fortunately, TimeMachine bailed me out), the routine has gone well.

I have set my office machine to shut down automatically at the end of the day, thus assuring that I can assume that no Scrivener projects will be open at my office when I get home at the end of the day. But lately I’ve been wondering whether it might make more sense to arrange to have Scrivener quit after a designated period of inactivity (say 90 minutes). The advantage of doing this would be that I could be sure that Scrivener projects were closed on my home machine (which I’d like to leave running so that I can use “Back to My Mac” to get files from it during the day).

So, two questions:

1. Are there any good reason not to enable an automated Scrivener shut down of this sort?
  2. Is there a way to go about setting it up (e.g., is this something that can be scripted?)?

Thanks!

If you are using Back to My Mac, then you can screen share and thus check and quit Scrivener if need be, right? I don’t know, I’ve never used that, but I thought that was one of the principle features. Otherwise you might as well just use FTP to get into your computer remotely. But yes, failing that, you could look for a script that does something like this. I don’t really know of anything as I’ve never looked.