Back up error to Dropbox

I bought Scrivener 3 for MAC and iPad and Windows. I then bought an upgraded Dropbox account purely to protect the labours of my writing. Whenever I try and back up fro the Mac I get the following message:

A backup could not be created at ‘/Volumes/Dropbox Installer/Knee-deep in nightsoil - A selection of short tales-bak.scriv’.

Please can you assist me?
Angus

It looks rather as though you’re trying to save to the still mounted Dropbox installer rather than the Dropbox folder on your Mac. Try opening Finder and clicking on the “eject” symbol beside the Dropbox installer (to umount it) and see if the backup to Dropbox then works.

Stephen

What Stephen_C said.

If the Dropbox software is installed correctly, you should be able to go to the Dropbox location in Finder, create an ordinary text file there, and use a browser to see that file appear in your account at dropbox.com. If that doesn’t happen, then the issue is with Dropbox, not Scrivener, and you should contact their support team if you need assistance.

Katherine

Create an ordinary text file there, and use a browser to see that file appear in your account at dropbox.com.