Backup location set to each project?

I’ve only been using Scrivener for four months now, but I really love it. I keep my files in my Skydrive account and can access them on my laptop or my home PC. In all the time I’ve used this setup, I’ve only had one hiccup and it turned out to not be a big deal after all, so I’m very happy.

But now for my own wish list item: Last week I began a second project and learned something unexpected… The total backup retention is for any/all backup files in my backup location. So if I haven’t worked on my one project for a couple of weeks, all of its backups will be replaced by my other project. I currently save 15 backups. Now I could just raise the number to something really high, hoping to retain at least a few backups of whichever project has been back-burnered, but I thought that it would be nice to be able to direct backups from each project to a unique backup location - perhaps just subfolders in the backup folder?

Anyway, that’s my wish list item. Certainly, I can live just fine without this, but I thought that I’d just mention it. In the meantime, I’ll grab a few backups and move them somewhere else.

Thanks!
Mark

Actually that shouldn’t be happening unless both projects have identical names (and for that reason one should use unique names for each individual project). Each project keeps a running track of its own individual backups and should never touch other backups.

That leaves alternative backup locations on a per-project basis as a rather niche thing—but we do in fact have plans for this. It will mainly be useful to those that must separate professional and personal project backups, stuff like that.

Good morning,
I’m not sure why or what was happening, but my two projects (named uniquely) have started to keep the correct number of backups each rather than just looking at the total of files in my backup folder. I was at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this, so I didn’t do anything for a few days and when I checked again, it was behaving as expected. Sometimes I hate computers…

Thanks!
Mark