Backup timestamp punctuation

This is really a tiny thing, and hardly even worth asking about, but what the hell.

Would it be possible/preferable to use dashes or underscores as the separator punctuation for the timestamp that Scriv adds when you do a “Backup Project to”? I understand that slashes are traditional date separation marks, and so make sense, but because of the way OSX works, they appear as colons when the file is then viewed on a remote file server.

(Because forward slashes are used in Unix to define paths, OSX fudges it - whenever you enter a slash as part of a filename, OSX actually inserts a colon, but displays it as a slash. This is why you can’t actually use colons in OSX file names.)

Like I said, a tiny thing, but using dashes or underscores would mean that the files on my backup server (which runs Unix) actually have the same filenames as the ones on my local HD… even though in reality they do, if you see what I mean!

Absolutely. This is just something I missed. Given that it will take all of two minutes to implement (my favourite sort of request), I’ll fix this for 1.12.
Best,
Keith

Happy dance :smiley:

Ha! I’d already coded it so that it should replace slashes with underscores, but there was a bug in my code - so this was a bug all along…
Fixed for 1.12.
Best,
Keith