Basic Paragraph Formatting

I did a search on this but was unable to find where to change line spacing after a ‘hard return’ to end a paragraph. Where can I change this to a double space after the paragraph?

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is set in the spacing dialog, accessible via Format > Text > Spacing or by choosing “More…” from the spacing drop-down menu in the format bar. To set the default paragraph spacing for new documents, open the Editor tab of Tools > Options and use the spacing menu from the format bar there. This will affect spacing for all new documents; you can change existing ones to match by selecting them in the binder and choosing Documents > Convert > Formatting to Default Text Style. (Bear in mind this will change all the formatting to match the defaults, not just the paragraph spacing.)

Thanks Jennifer, but I don’t have a “More…” option. When I go to Format > Text > Spacing I get a dialogue box that gives options for indents and then Spacing. Under Spacing I have options for before and after by pt and then Line Spacing with drop down menu. That menu has “Single, Double, At Least, Exactly, Multiple” to choose from.

I’m still confused here. I’ve just downloaded the Scrivener 1.6.1.0 - 31 Oct 2013 software on my machine with Windows 8.1. Is this a glitch? Is there a fix or a work around for the paragraph formatting?

Thanks again.

Sorry for the confusion. If you go directly to the spacing menu via Format > Text > Spacing, there is no “More…” option; that’s just what you select in the drop-down menu in the format bar to open the spacing dialog from there. Once you’re in the spacing dialog, you want to set the “After” spacing to control how much space follows the paragraph.

I had a feeling I wasn’t getting it since I’m such a new user.

Thank you for your help. I’ve set my preferences and an happily writing.

Have a very Happy Holiday and New Year.