[BB] Coloring inline comments

Odd. All of a sudden, on one device the inline-comments didn’t get colored anmore. I did not do anything with the options. And the bos for not coloring them remained unchecked.
I found no way to get the color back.

what can I do to get the colorback?

I think you’re talking about Inline Annotations. I couldn’t find “inline comments” anywhere, but annotations are right underneath comments in the menu, so I’m assuming that.

The place to edit inline annotation text color is in Options > Appearance > General (tab) > Editor (in the box) > Annotation Text. I haven’t found a place to color the background (which would be useful, but I can’t find it). When you change the text annotation color, it does not recolor all existing annotations; only new ones (I’m not sure that’s a bug; it may be intentional).

If you want to change the color of existing annotation text, once you’ve selected the new color of inline annotations in Options, the quickest way is to select the text to be recolored, right click the text color button above the editor, and choose a new color for them (and I know of no easy way to ensure that color matches the one you’ve got selected in Options). The next quickest is to use the context menu and choose text color (which does the same thing in a slightly different way).

I hope that answers your question.

Might be, they are called annotations in English …

It’s not aobut chaning the color …I didn’t do anything (tha I’m aware of)). Coloring the inline “annpations” just stopped working on my notebook.
And it seems having nothing to do with the project . I think. When I opened it again on my PC, coloring the annotations worked just as before.

Hello, sorry for the delay in responding. Did you say this was occurring between a pc and a notebook? Is the notebook also running windows or is this issue occurring when viewing between windows and mac versions of Scrivener?

Thanks for your help with this.

[quote=“thePhilosoraptor”. Did you say this was occurring between a pc and a notebook? Is the notebook also running windows or is this issue occurring when viewing between windows and mac versions of Scrivener?

.[/quote]
It happened on my notebook, WHILE I was working on said project. That is, the annotations at first were colored as theyshould be and then , all of a sudden, they were black. the frame too.
PC and notebook are both windows 10, same edition…

Sorry for the long delays between responses. Have you encountered this issue again in any of the more recent beta versions?