Yeah, as I mentioned, Aeon TL is still in very early beta (0.4.4 righ now, I believe) and there are still a number of fundamental issues to be figured out and implemented by Matt, the dev who is also a Scrivener user.
I’m sure Matt would welcome all sorts of input and ideas in the beta thread I mentioned above.
For instance, there’s a long discussion there about the pros and cons of non-linear as opposed to linear time scale and how to handle navigation. Given time, I think that something really useful is going to come out.
Hi Kendric,
a) Zoom is something that I am working on for the next version, to see if I can find something that feels a bit more natural (as Joachim points out, see the discussion on the linear vs non-linear timeline, which is dealing heavily with the zoom issue.
I am assuming that when you say ‘zoom’ you mean increasing/decreasing the time scale and not a literal zoom (i.e. increasing image size).
b) If you switch to Story Arc View, they are discernible (that is one of the main reasons I introduced that view). I am yet to find a suitable way to demonstrate the difference in Entity View.
c) This sounds like a bug. If you can give me more info (over in the Aeon Beta forum), I will make sure it is fixed for the next release.
d) Again, I am introducing a fantasy calendar with the next release, and will be overhauling date input as a result of that anyway. I will look into this problem when I do that (although I expect I may replace the whole calendar control).