beta 1.6.1.1 on CrunchBang (Waldorf; latest) no go, lib prob

Hi,

I’m trying to load your latest beta on a CrunchBang laptop, T530 64bit.

did dpkg --add-architecture i386,

did apt-get upgrade

(FYI, you don’t need ia32-libs any more - see following link: howtoforge.com/multiarch-how … n-7-wheezy)

installed Scrivener as follows; went to filemanager and right clicked on beta package to use the debi package installer (and yes, I downloaded the .deb package…)

Now getting the following error:

/usr/share/scrivener/bin/Scrivener: error while loading shared libraries: libgio-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to add something to my paths? I’m hoping this is an easy fix. Thanks,

Kim

i had a friend helping me but this thread had good advice:

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/installing-32-bit-scrivener-on-64-bit-linux-mint/23077/1

I don’t know what magic you managed to perform on your crunchbang machine, but this never worked for me at all.

Missing libraries galore.

I’m running the latest CrunchBang Waldorf. When I use either get-apt install ia32-libs or the synaptic manager, it DOES NOT include libgio-2.0.so.0 or libgstapp-0.10.so.0. (so far…for all I know there are other missing libraries in the packages I’m downloading!)

I had to install ia32-libs-gtk-i386 to get the libgio-2.0.so.0, and I can’t seem to find the 32 bit arch file for libgstrapp.

I know there’s a gstreamer0.10-plugins-base (0.10.36-1.1) for 32 bit that includes libgstrapp.so, but it isn’t in our synaptc package manager that I can see, so where the heck did you folks find all the libraries to run Scrivener???

I’m all ears. :imp:

And yes, I tried the --force -add architecture i386 (whatever the syntax is) and it didn’t work either. YOU SHOULDN"t HAVE to load ia32-libs any more, anyway, now that the multiarch is finished!

Are you using Ubuntu’s packages instead of Wheezy? But even on Debian’s Wheezy packages site, these packages are supposed to include the files I’m missing, so I don’t know what the heck is going on here.

Kim