Beta 2.9.0.24 Uninstall

I’ve had beta 2.9.0.24 on my computer for a while now–never would uninstall. Now that version 3 is out, how do I get this beta off my computer.

You may need a 3rd party registry editor/repair/cleaner program. Googling “registry cleaner” will bring up a slew of them.

There are some things you can do.

Sometimes the old Control Panel applet for programs works better than the new Settings page, so right-click on the Start button, select Run, then enter appwiz.cpl. That should bring up the “Uninstall or change a program” tool. See if the old beta is in the list and if so, highlight it, then select Uninstall.

If that doesn’t work, you can look in the following registry keys for the beta installation and delete ONLY the entry for the beta:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

Lastly, tools like iObit Uninstaller usually work for problems like this, but some of those programs can be aggressive in what they suggest, and can even get annoying.

They certainly can. Someone suggested Registry First Aid a couple weeks ago. I wasted $20 on it and I’m on the verge of paying some other program to get rid of every vestige of RFA.