Beta 27 32 bit

I downloaded the beta 27 for windows 32 bit. After installation not start and a message appears stating that can work with 64-bit systems. Any idea of the problem indicated? :open_mouth:

Try downloading the 64 bit installer and see if that works better for you. You can find it here:

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/scrivener-3-0-beta-release-candidate-10-download-links-change-list/38228/1

I apologize, I certainly didn’t explain myself well. I need the 32 bit windows version. the 32 bit beta 27 version works for 64 bit windows. It installs but then a warning appears that claims to be compatible only for 64-bit operating system.

I’m sorry, I’m still confused.

You have a 64 bit system, but need to install the 32 bit version? Are you running Scrivener on an ARM based processor like on Surface Pro X? If so you can safely ignore the message that pops up advising you about the 64 bit version.

I have windows 7 on 32 bit.
with the all previous beta I didn’t have any problems only with the beta 27 I can’t open the program.

Can you please upload a screenshot of the error. Is anyone else having problems using the 32bit version of Beta 27?

I’m sorry, I don’t know how to take the screenshot. but I copy the message I see:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

that’s all.

Same here. Win7 32 bit with Scrivener x86 installer, and scrivener.exe cannot start with the same message. Maybe a problem with the qt version?

Next: I uninstalled Scrivener beta and tried to reinstall the 32bit beta version. This does not work, the installer stopped with this error message:

Last note: installing Beta 26 for 32bit instead of beta 27 works as expected: normal installation procedere and the program starts ok.

Sorry guys, the 32bit binary link is wrong. It points to the update installer, instead of the full installer. Untill we fix the link please download the latest Beta 27 32bit from the following link: dropbox.com/s/blb60b3pkl3n5 … r.exe?dl=0

Thanks for spotting this!

Now the installation is successful! all right and thanks for analyzing the problem :smiley:

Works, thank you.

Hi,

Thanks. The 32 bit version from the Dropbox link installed on my ARM laptop. with no apparent issues.

Regards
Jeffrey