Better touch interface for Windows

The Scrivener 2.9 Beta for Windows is looking really good, but one of the things that makes Scrivener stand out (and not in a good way) from other Windows apps is that it is not really well set-up for touch support. In the Windows world, it’s not at all uncommon to have a powerful laptop that also has full touch integrated, so it’s an easy choice to make for hardware.

Once the Windows 3.x release and subsequent initial point releases come out, I would love to see some thought put in to soliciting a small group of Windows users to get some detailed feedback on how the touch interface on Windows currently falls down. I can only imagine this sort of feedback would be useful in helping sketch out requirements for any potential Android version, and if the work required is deeper down in the Qt stack than the UI layer, that would be good to know sooner rather than later.

I realize this isn’t an issue on the Mac side of things, but there have been some discussions in the beta forum recently that reveal this is one area that Scrivener is really not taking good advantage of hardware capabilities on the Windows side.

Beat me to it!

When the team dig themselves out from under the mountain of other tasks it would be a nice addition.