Binder Item Only Opens in Left Window

I’m not sure if I’ve found a bug or just don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve been using Scrivener for a few years. I always use it with two side by side windows. One for writing, and the other for changing to references.

Typically, clicking on an item in the binder would open it in whichever window was selected (or maybe it was whichever was not selected. Either way it was consistent). I made the mistake of trying different layout presets, and am now unable to get that behavior back. The right window can only be changed by clicking on the forward/back buttons or manually selecting a binder item via the right-click-on-icon option. Selecting a binder item via the binder on the left only ever opens it in the left window.
I’ve tried resetting to the default layout, and can’t seem to get it back to the original functionality.

Is there a lock option somewhere that I’ve tripped?

Windows 10 64bit
Scrivener Beta v. 2.9.0.20 (640426)

I guess I’m just trying to rule out that I’ve accidentally turned something on/off, or am making some obvious mistake. I know it is a beta, so bugs are to be expected.

Thank you.

Moved to beta forum. – Katherine

All the layouts change this setting without warning. I don’t understand why, but they do.

In the main menu, Navigation->Binder Selection affects…->
It’s probably set right now to “1st editor.”
Click on “Current Editor.”

That should fix it.

Oh good, it’s just a settings thing.
Thank you! Problem solved.