Blank editor when returning from Full Screen

When I go to full screen and then come back to regular, the document that had focus (if on split screen; otherwise the document that’s open) appears blank. If I go back to full screen, it reappears. It seems like this is actually a problem with the code that resizes the text block horizontally, because if I expand the window when it’s back in regular window mode, then the text appears from the left. But then if I shrink it again, I can make it entirely blank. And there’s a related bug where if I’m in full screen, and I move the split editor divider, the editor that I’ve just made smaller doesn’t respond to its new size. In other words, text runs off the edge of the editor and I have to scroll to see it, even though I have it set to just use however much space it gets. I’m on OS 10.8.3.

Are you on a Retina display? There is a bug on OS X 10.8 that affects Retina displays only, whereby resizing the text editor of any application that uses the OS X text system can cause the text to disappear off the right of the editor. I’ve reported it to Apple, as it’s a stupid bug and affects a lot of apps.

It sounds like this is the second part of your problem - as for the first, could you please post a video showing it?

Thanks,
Keith

Yup, I’m on a Retina MacBook Pro. I’ve uploaded a screencast to youtu.be/i80whexdAK8 . I hope it helps!

Any progress on this one?

You’ll have to ask Apple, I’m afraid. I’ve logged it with them as Bug ID #13418758, but it’s completely in their hands - the bug is reproducible in any app using the OS X text system and split views on Retina displays. Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t usually fix such bugs until major OS updates, so it may be 10.9 before they fix it.

All the best,
Keith