Blank pages and no labels

I have a client who needed help setting up his manuscript. He sent me his file (v 1.9.9), I (mac 3.1.2) set up labels and colors, and reworked his cards. I’ve tried sending it back by exporting, by dropbox sync, by backup, by creating a v2 project—I even opened it up in Scrivener 2 and made a zip to send. All the documents are blank. The titles are there, but no labels, colors, or text. How can we fix this?

It sounds like you are not capturing/sending all of the various project folders and files.

You opening the project in Scriv v2 and taking a zipped backup from inside Scrivener would be the most foolproof way to do it.

When you try that, what are you seeing inside the zipped backup?

It sounds like you are not capturing/sending all of the various project folders and files.

You opening the project in Scriv v2 and taking a zipped backup from inside Scrivener would be the most foolproof way to do it.

When you try that, what are you seeing inside the zipped backup?

I’ll have him screenshot it and get back to you. He’s in Sweden so it will probably be tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

What did your client send you? A complete project, i.e. a folder full of files, or just a .scrivx file?

He sent the full file. What he sent me was fine.

The thing is, it’s not a file. It’s a folder containing subfolders and files.

If you are able to open the project on your end, then he’s sending you everything. So, based on what you’ve told us, it’s either you are not sending him the full folder back, or when he unzips the folder on his end he is somehow not pulling everything.

To ensure it’s not you, that’s why I suggested that you open the project in Scriv v2 and taking a zipped backup from inside Scrivener, as that would be the most foolproof way to do it.

Best,
Jim