Bold won't Un-bold

I’ve been hard at work today seeing to it that those peeking in here don’t get much rest. I remind myself of my mother, who never let me sleep in on weekends, and for that I apologize.

I’ve been using the Notes section today and noticed that I can ‘Bold’ my words in there but when I click Bold again, it fails to unbold the word. Am I doing something wrong or could this be a little bug?

Doesn’t seem to be something that I can reproduce. Un-bold works fine for me—what font are you using? If unsure, you can find out in Preferences/Fonts & Colors, under Index cards title font.

Both the Index Title and Text are set to Courier, which I think must be the default. I just bolded another word in there and it won’t unbold. I’ll try shutting down my Laptop and try it again. The other day my ‘hot buttons’ wouldn’t work and after I did a shut-down they started working again. I suppose shutting down once in a while helps to ‘clean-up’ things a bit. I’ll let you know if this works. Thank for responding.

EDIT: I did the shutdown, and it didn’t help. I found a workaround though…if I delete the word by backspacing, and backspacing one extra space to the left, then when I hit the spacebar once and type the word again it’s un-bolded. I’d still like to know how to get the normal un-bold action back though if it’s possible.

Hi. I’m having this same problem. It seems to happen if I use Lucida Bright as my default style font. I’ve changed the font and now the bold/unbold works again.

A similar problem was reported in this thread:

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/bold-text-can-not-be-made-unbold-from-ruler/6131/1

Martin.