Boldface in the binder

It occured to me that it would be useful if one could make items in the binder appear in boldface in order to improve the visibility of structure. I, for example, would use it to accentuate the main titles of a novel (“Part I” etc. - the level above “chapters”).

It came to me because I used OmniOutliner to fiddle around with different ideas about how to structure my novel. Intuitively I’ve set the highest level to boldface and was impressed how much difference it made - in the picture as well as in my thinking.

Thought I’d jot this idea down and drop it into the “suggestions” box… :smiley:

In the next update, the font pickers in the preferences for controls such as the binder (and everything else) will use the font panel (rather than a pop-up button), so you will be able to assign bold or italic to those fonts, too, which you can’t at the moment. In other words, you’ll be able to do this in the next update.
All the best,
Keith

Wouldn’t that just make everything in the Binder bold then? I think Andreas is looking for something like:

Chapter 1

• Scene 1
  • Scene 2
  • Scene 3
    Chapter 2
  • And so on…

Oh, yes, you’re right. Sorry, I didn’t read it properly. So to clarify, this won’t be possible in the next version, after all, sorry.
All the best,
Keith