Book Structure / main idea should be in Draft?

Hello there!
I recently downladed Scrivener and watched the tutorial and a few videos form the website.
Now that I know how the program works, I have a question about organization:
Let’s say I have a general idea about my story, a text document with how everything will evolve. Where in the binder this should be?
In the binder under the draft? Or out of the Draft file? For example in research. I mean i use it as a reference for how the story will advance, so it won’t be in the final manuscript, or it should be there?

Wherever you want. Scrivener doesn’t care, and if you change your mind, it’s easy to move.

One alternative would be to create an overview document and put it at the top of the Binder, but outside the Draft folder.

Another would be to create an index card in the Draft folder for each major plot point.

Or the overview could go in the Research folder, maybe with a Project Bookmark to make it easy to find.

It’s really up to you.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I’m having little problems with organization so it’s nice to have opinions here thanks
!

I think the “trick” is to let go of thinking too hard about it, at first, and go with what you now think is a way or even “best”. You can always change as you get into your project and naturally accumulate more reasons as you progress to know a whole lot more about a “better” way to organise it. In fact, I would say if you don’t change as you go that’s not a good sign.

1 Like