Bookends citation question

Hi,
I apologize if this has been covered before. I tried searching the forum but didn’t find what I was looking for. When I insert citations from Bookends to Scrivener using cmd-y, I get full citations instead of abbreviated ones: {author, year, entire bibliographical info} instead of simply {author, year}. I would rather have the abbreviated ones so they don’t appear to be too distracting for my writing. Do I need to make some changes in the Bookends preference? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m sure someone who uses Bookends extensively will be able to give you a proper answer, but this will be a setting on Bookends’ side rather than Scrivener’s. All Scrivener does is catch the paste command from Bookends and insert whatever Bookends has given it, so presumably you have got Bookends set up to insert the whole citation into Scrivener somehow. Like I say, someone more familiar with Bookends should be able to give you more info.
All the best,
Keith

Keith is right; you need to set this in Bookends:
Preferences:Scan & Bib:Copy citation: Cite by
from the pull down menu select your preferred citation format. I believe you will want to choose “Content”.

Thanks! It is actually {author, date, unique id} from the pull down menu. I had {content} selected before. Thanks again for the quick responses.