bookmarking movie/audio files

I would love to see a way to mark where I am in a media file. Not sure what this would look like. In Quicktime I can note where I am time-wise and just drag the player button to that point the next time.

Any way to do anything like this in Scr.? The media files I use are often pretty large and require more than one sitting. It can get quite difficult to find my place the next time around.

Alexandria

Sorry, but this is a little beyond the scope of Scrivener. There is no way I can go down the road of trying to make, say the PDF viewer as good as Preview, the media viewer as good as QuickTime, the web viewer as good as Safari and so on and so forth, for obvious reasons. They are all just very basic and have to remain so. Hope you understand. :slight_smile:

I do understand. I didn’t think there was any way to do this. But thought I’d ask, hoping maybe there was some magic trick out there to make this possible. :slight_smile:

Okay, I have added a display for current time and duration to the footer view in QuickTime mode, so that you can just note the current time in your notes pane and drag back to that position next time you open. Let me know how it works out for you when beta 2 comes out, as I haven’t had time to test it properly. Should work, though, as it’s based on an Apple tutorial. :slight_smile:

Oh, man, that’s fantastic! I’ve been wracking my brain (not a pretty sight!) to figure out a way to mark my place in QT files. Keith, this will work perfectly. Thank you so much for doing this! You are incredible. I mean that!!!

Alexandria

PS I will definitely be testing it for you when beta 2 comes out! :slight_smile: I’ll be using it plenty!!!