BUG: Composition Mode background glitch

I am experiencing a strange bug in the composition mode. When I go into composition mode for a few seconds the scrollbar is present, but then, when it fades away, the background where the scrollbar was seems to glitch out and show a sliver of the coloring of the desktop background instead of the default color of the composition mode background.

Attached is a screenshot to show what I’m talking about. You can see on the right side where the scrollbar goes, a thin pink line that matches my desktop background image. This happens regardless of whether I use a “texture” (image) or just a color for the composition mode background.

EDIT: I’m using the latest Scrivener 3.1.5.0 if it matters.

I can’t test this, as I’m still at the prior version.

What theme are you using and have you tried changing it? I’m curious whether you see the same artifact with a different theme.

Best,
Jim

I normally use the Dracula theme found here on the forum, but I switched to the default theme to test it and still got the same result.
But essentially what you’re saying is that the previous version doesn’t do this?

Thanks for providing the theme.

I checked and v3.1.4 doesn’t exhibit that display artifact using the Dracula theme. So yes, the previous version doesn’t do this–with my PC’s video drivers.

It’s still early days, but I notice that no other v3.1.5 users have logged similar complaints yet. Perhaps this is some weird interaction between v3.1.5 and your drivers?

Best,
Jim

Does varying the width of the composition mode editor or changing the background transparency affect that little sliver showing up? We did have one other user report seeing this, but I haven’t managed to reproduce it, and little drawing glitches like this can be very difficult to track down. What is your screen resolution and Windows display scaling? Are you using a multi-monitor setup or a monitor hooked up to a laptop?