Bug in new drag-and-drop label import feature

I recently found a bug in the newly added drag-and-drop label import functionality, discussed here: http://literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17657).

If I drag documents from Project 1 (with labels) to new, blank Project 2, every document with a label generates a separate instance of that label in Project 2.

Thus if I have the following documents and labels in Project 1:

preface (label A)
chapter 1 (label A)
chapter 2 (label A)
chapter 3 (label B)
chapter 4 (label B)
chapter 5 (label A)

and I drag-and-drop them into Project 2 and then check Project > Meta-Data Settings… > Labels, I will find something like this:

label A
label A
label A
label B
label B
label A

However, if labels A and B already exist in Project 2, I don’t get the duplication.

BTW label import is very useful functionality and I have used it a bunch already.

Keith:

That would be super-helpful! Let me suggest that dragging imports labels such that any duplicates between source and target project labels default to the target’s setting… whereas option-dragging imports the source’s settings for duplicates.

All the best,
Joy

Sorry, Joy, I had seen your post about this and thought I’d replied to it but obviously missed it. I’ve put this on the list for investigation. I can’t promise about the custom meta-data for any time soon, but it remains on the list.

All the best,
Keith