Bug: synopsis section of an index card embedded in corkboard

Hi all!

I’m a confirmed DevonThink Pro user who (like many others here) have been looking for a similar application to develop more focused writing projects. Yesterday I downloaded Scrivener for a test drive, read the tutorial and worked with it for the rest of the day. So far I’m delighted!

However this morning after creating a new folder in the binder I’ve run across one small bug which after a quick search through the forum doesn’t seem to have been reported.

The new folder seems to have “embeddedâ€

Methinks I posted too soon. After quitting the application I re-opened my first project and found that the anomalous behavior has disappeared.

Still, I found it somewhat unsettling…

Best,

– P.

Strange. I have never seen or heard of this behaviour. It does sound like a bug (though not a dangerous one). Could you please have a play around to see if you can recreate this behaviour? It sounds like at some point an exception got thrown whilst using the project. Once an exception gets thrown (owing to a bug), a program can act in all sorts of odd ways until it is restarted. The bug may have nothing to do with the corkboard - but it does sound like a bug.

If it happens again, please do the following:

1. Take a note of exactly what you were doing before the weird behaviour occurred.
  2. Open console.app (through Spotlight is easiest) and see what is logged there. Bold type may indicate an error that has occurred in Scrivener.
  3. Restart the app and try to get it to work again.
  4. Post or e-mail to me how to recreate the bug and/or the error logged to console.app.

Unfortunately I can’t fix anything that I can’t reproduce. But if you can help me reproduce it I will fix it ASAP.

Thanks! And sorry for the inconvenience.
Keith