Bug with inline upgrade to 3.01?

When I open Scrivener Windows 3.0 I get prompted to download and install, which I do. I then accept the terms and continue. After a moment, I receive the attached error, with text as follows:

Error trying to install file: destination ${installdir} resolved to an empty value. The application will exit now.

I got the same error yesterday, with a reboot between.

I haven’t made any system config changes since installing 3.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just wanted to say that I’ve also been having this issue. My anti-virus blocked something about the update. So I allowed an exception but it’s still not working. I’m trying to figure out if the issue is on their end or my anti-viruses…

More info, in case this is related. Usually I open Scrivener from the Start menu, but today I tried to open it by double clicking on a .scriv file I received the attached message.
Perhaps we’re not supposed to open Scrivener by double-clicking on .scriv files, and that’s what caused the error. But maybe that should work fine, and what is causing this error is related to what caused the error upgrading.[attachment=0]Scrivener error.jpg[/attachment]

Looks like this has been reported here: https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/latest-update-wont-install-destination-installdire-resolved-to-an-empty-value/95696/1