Bugs with Project Targets

The word count is supposed to be based on the compile settings–but I notice that anything excluded from the compile by using filtering is not excluded from the project word count. In order to exclude sections from the word count I have to explicitly uncheck the Include checkbox.

Also, I’m not sure if this a bug or working as intended, but the Session Target doesn’t allow the daily words to become negative. This is especially a problem when cutting and pasting text. For example, my session target is currently 352 words. If I’ve written 57 words, the session target shows up as 57 of 352. However, if I cut a 500 word chunk it shows up as 0 of 352 words and then when I paste it I am credited as having written 500 of 352 words. This happens even if I cut and then undo (so I effectively did nothing).

Ah, I just found the “allow negatives” check box in the Project Target options–so I guess that addresses that issue (though I might make allowing negatives the default behavior).

I did just notice that footnotes do not seem to be counted towards Project Targets (unless I’m missing another setting that enables that).

Hi,
I"ve been successfully using Project Targets for as long as I’ve had Scrivener but today, out of the blue, the Deadline Dates are coming up as 2011 on all new files.

The old files that I’d set deadline targets for are fine. But new files all default to 2011. I am losing my mind trying to figure this out.

I checked to make sure Scrivener knows the actual date by using Insert > Current Date & Time. It knows.

I’ve closed and reopened the new projects. I’ve shut down and restarted Scrivener. I’ve tried multiple combos of month and day to make sure it’s not just Nov 30 that’s glitchy… nothing. Still gives me 2011.

Ideas? Thanks.

Hi Donna,

I’m not quite sure what you mean here. You set your own deadline date via the Options… part of the Project Targets pane. The only time Scrivener ever sets this is in the special NaNoWriMo trial version. Could it be that you are using the NaNoWriMo 2011 project template? That would set the deadline to 30 November 2011, seeing as it was a special template for last November. If that’s the case, you can either just update the deadline yourself using the “Options…” button, or download the 2012 NaNoWriMo template:

literatureandlatte.com/nanowrimo.php

All the best,
Keith