But I registered already, what gives?

I’ve been hearing a LOT about Scrivener and during NaNo this year, I saw there was a trial edition of Scrivener available for WriMos, so I downloaded it and fell in love with this app.

Just… one teensy little problem.

I bought Scrivener this morning, entered my registration code… and “try or buy” window is still showing up when I launch the app.

I did have Scrivener crash on me this morning after I registered and I sent in the error report about the crash. I assumed that the registration data needed to be re-entered since the app had crashed, but when I click on “registration”, the app claims that it’s already activated.

The crash may have nothing to do with this, but I thought I would mention it in case I’m having some strange, odd problem that never, ever happens to anyone. It could also be some button I should be pressing that I am totally not seeing.

So, how do I get rid of the annoying “try or buy” screen?

Thanks much!

If you haven’t already, download the latest version from the main page. The NaNoWriMo trial won’t take your registration–probably a whoops sort of thing, because it was pushed out in the frantic haste of trying to get the last bits ready, but it’s an older version anyway, so you definitely want to get the latest download (2.0.2) with the bug fixes and full feature set!

When you install, it won’t overwrite the NaNo trial because it has a different name, so you’ll need to manually remove the NaNo one from your Applications folder. This won’t affect your project files or your preference settings, though. (In the case of the latter, just make sure, if you have an external program like AppCleaner that asks if you want to delete any “related files” such as .plists when you trash the Nano Scrivener, you say no. :wink: It shouldn’t attempt to clean up your actual projects, though, so even if you accidentally click yes, your writing is still safe.)

Also, a crash can sometimes wipe the preferences file containing your registration details. So, definitely download the latest version as MimeticMouton advices, and re-enter your registration details - then you should be good to go.

Sorry for the problems - many thanks for buying Scrivener, though, and welcome to the forums!

All the best,
Keith

Thank you, for the welcome and the advice!

I’ll take care of that right now and post back to let you know if this fixed my problem (I suspect it will).

Thank you!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Update: Well hey, what’d ya know! :smiley: I’m a VERY happy camper now! Thanks so much!