Can Compile to ePub but not MOBI

At this point, with my large project (a lot of photos), when I try to compile it, it ends with an error. I get a dialog that says:

Kindle Compile Error
The following error occurred whilst (sic) compiling the Kindle Book
Warning W14016 Cover not specified.

Of course that is a warning, not an error, so I don’t know the reason for the error.

If I compile to an ePub, then kindlegen works fine on it.

Please tell me why this is happening.

Note that by displaying an incorrect and irrelevant error, you sent me on a bit of a wild goose chase.

I’ve figured out that the error displayed is unrelated to the crash. IOW, that’s just a warning message.

When I reduced the size of the project by eliminating photos, this problem went away.

After installing 1.8.6.0 yesterday I got this same message when generating a MOBI. (Windows 7)

Scrivener still generates the mobi even with the error, but my cover isn’t included in the final mobi file. Frustrating.

Is it something with the cover (I recently imported a new cover), or something with this latest update?

Thanks,
Mike Jasper

Yesterday we released Scrivener for Windows v1.8.6.0. Unfortunately it had the bug that you experienced. Shortly after we uploaded a hotfix release, but meanwhile you must have already installed the problematic version. Please, download again Scrivener from the web site here, install it over your current version and try again. Please, let us know if this fixes the problem.

YES - that fixed it!

Thanks so much for your fast response. I was sure I’d messed up my cover image… :slight_smile:

YES - that fixed it!

Thanks so much for your fast response. I was sure I’d messed up my cover image… :slight_smile:

(And sorry for the double-post)