Can one prevent a folder / document (including their sub folders / documents) in the Binder to be changed / edited?

Can one prevent a folder / document (including their sub folders / documents) in the Binder to be changed / edited?

Hey there Biff,

No, there’s no locking mechanism in any version of Scrivener. I’ve seen this requested a few times, and L&L has always said “no”.

It’s not a true lock, but as a workaround, you could create a label called ‘Locked’ or ‘Read-only’ or something along those lines that makes sense to your workflow. Choose the color red for this label, assign the label to the documents and folders that you want to lock, and then enable Label colors in the binder. This won’t actually lock anything, but it’ll provide a nice big visual cue for you. Of course, this won’t stop drag and drop accidents. :slight_smile:

Best,
Jim

Hello Jim,

So L&L against locking a doc / folder, strange.

Yes, a good idea, just using a label. Like that, if I understand it right:

Or even another background color for a doc (instead of white, cannot find the setting for this).

Yes, and other ones, so may be a snapshot additionally (for restoring).

Many thanks!

Biff, yes that’s exactly what I was thinking with the label. I don’t think you can change the color for only one document.

Alright, many thanks, Jim!