Can Scriv. remember my name and contact info?

Just downloaded Scriv. the other day and I’ve been playing around with it. Love it so far. I have one basic question. Why do I have to enter my name/address/phone number/email address every time that I create a new project? If I register the software, will the program remember all that info? I thought the demo was fully featured but I don’t see a preference anywhere for this.

Hi,

I’m not entirely sure what you mean, but I assume you mean in the title page of your manuscript etc. Scrivener doesn’t have “fields” for this, so it doesn’t really know anything about your name or address - it is all just text as far as Scrivener is concerned.

(You are right in thinking that the demo is fully featured - there are no features hidden from demo users.)

However, what you can do is just modify the templates so that they remember your name and address. For instance, if you use the novel template, just create a new project based on it and do nothing to the project other than enter your name and address etc where you want it. Then just save the project as a template, either overwriting the original novel template (by using the same name) or by creating a new template. Then every time you load that template, it will have your name and address etc.

All the best,
Keith

When I create a new project, I type the projects name and punch create. Done!!

Whats all this with email/phone Nos etc. etc. :confused:
vic

I think he just means having his contact info automatically show up on a certain part of the project (title page, or wherever he may need it).

Kh,

Got it! Thanks :wink:

This is my third attempt at acknowledging you response. I cant for the life of me, think where Ive put the other two.

Someone must have laced my Jameson with some kind of mind bending substance :blush:

vic

That is what I meant and that’s what I figured you’d say after I thought about it some more once I had stepped away from the computer for a bit.

Thanks!

Oh, and your sig is one of my favourite geek jokes in the world - I mentioned it on my blog sometime back. :slight_smile:

Jameson IS mind bending substance…

Happy New Year!

Joey

OK!! Bowed low in supplication, I confess :blush: I was ratarsed when I posted the first two posts. But it crept up on me :open_mouth:

I think Amber must have been going round with a brush and shovel that night, sweeping up the debris after me :laughing:

Nobody`s perfect :wink:

Happy New Year Joey, have a good one!!

Take care
vic

For the record, it was I who deleted your original two posts, but only after checking that you had posted them in the thread for which they were intended - I was going to split it but then saw that you had copied them across. Apologies if I deleted something that hadn’t been copied, I was just trying to keep things on-topic (out of character, I know :slight_smile: ).

dismas - glad this is a workable solution for you.

All the best,
Keith

Capn yronna, tis a good job somebody`s keeping Scriv on course. :wink:

rat

an a good an successful New Year to you an yours Cap,n :laughing:

rat