Can someone tell me what I screwed up?

Okay, I’m loving the new version of Scrivener with all the bells and whistles. It’s a much cleaner product than 2.0 was. However, I seem to have screwed something up (and I’m sure it was me and not the software).

When I started using it, I got information in the main directory of a chapter telling me the word counts, etc on the subsections. Now those are gone, and for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get it back.

Anyone have a clue?

It looks like you’ve viewing Chapter One in single document mode, when before you were viewing it in Outline Mode.

Press cmd-3 once (or twice: it’s a toggle) and you’ll enter Outline Mode and see the columns again — from where you can add the columns for Word Count and Targets as you wish.

Every item in the Binder can be viewed either in one of three view modes

1. toggle Cmd-1 : Scrivenings (multiple documents in one long virtual document OR a single document)

2. toggle Cmd-2 : Corkboard (only for parent documents)

3. toggle Cmd-3 : Outline (only for parent documents)

This is one of the most fundamental aspects of Scrivener, so if this is new to you, then I think you would really benefit from doing the Interactive Tutorial (from the Help Menu). It will only take you an hour or two and it will give you a very good overview on the basic concepts and features — otherwise you won’t be able to get all the benefits of the program. Even if you’re coming from V2 to V3, it’s a very good idea to skim the tutorial again as some of the concepts (such as styles and compilation) are quite different.

HTH.

OMG, I love you so hard right now! Thank you very much.

Glad it helped!