Can Wndows Scrivener be used with dual monitors?

I have a dual monitor set up for a lot of my work flow, but so far I haven’t found anyway to move scrivener panels to my second monitor, forcing me to just open two separate scrivener files. Am I missing something?

No, the Windows version can’t do what you want. It’s one of the handful of significant features Mac Scrivener has but Windows Scrivener as yet does not.

You can’t separate and move individual panels yet on the Windows version, but it’s coming eventually.

Now, there is a hack/workaround that will allow you to have the fullscreen editor on one monitor and the regular project window on the other, if that’s more what you’re looking for. Here’s a link to the post where it was discovered:

[url]Do the individual panels undock]

This works on 1.8.6, and I’m not sure if the “bug” allowing this to happen was fixed or not in the new versions, as I haven’t yet updated. Maybe it will work for you.

Ah this would be SO useful - a need for this is what sent me to the forum.

Hopefully “eventually” isn’t too long! Thanks for the info <3

I can confirm that this “bug” does work in 1.9.6.

Now, now. The difference between a “feature” and a “bug” is seniority!

How about a feature by any other name? Or, a bug to be featured later?

I somewhat sarcastically called it a “bug” only because it appeared to be something that happened unintentionally and was not mentioned in any literature or by any employees on the forum.

It is, without doubt, one of the best things I’ve learned to do on this forum.

it is also possible to move the window by pressing the right or left arrow while holding WIN+SHIFT