Can you just print the cork board

Hi, I am trying to create outlines using the software and am not happy with the way it complies. Is there a way to just print the cork board/ index cards?

you can do a screengrab and print that.

Yes, here’s how.

In the complex compile dialog (the one with the unnamed left-hand column) under:

Contents
Check the Include box for all the scenes you want to print/view.

Formatting
For the Type(s) with text (the icon is a simple single sheet of text) check the Synopsis column and uncheck the Text column. You may also want to check the Title column and Meta-Data column.

If you’re not familiar with compile there may be other things that you’ll need to adjust for your particular setup.

Once this is working you may want to save this compile setup as a preset. Hence the Save Preset… button.

Compile and then either view or print in your favorite .rtf/.odt/.whatever viewer/word-processor.

As far as I can tell this does not give me the actual cork board view, which is what I am trying to get. I want them printed out as actual index cards or as cards on a board. Both would be ideal, cards on a page in the order I have them and another sheet separate that I could cut into physical cards.
If I missed a print method in your suggestion please let me know. Thank you.
Thank you both for the suggestions.

Document notes, yes. Try the Notes column beside the Synopsis column.

Hi, thanks. I edited my other post after I tried the method. You posted back to me in between. Sorry I am a bit new to form stuff. I will remember not to do that again. Here is what I meant to say.

As far as I can tell this method does not give me the actual cork board view, which is what I am trying to get. I want them printed out as actual index cards or as cards on a board. Both would be ideal, cards on a page in the order I have them and another sheet separate that I could cut into physical cards.
If I missed a print method in your suggestion please let me know. Thank you.
Thank you both for the suggestions.

Printing on actual cards seems impractical due to the dynamic nature of the information and the fiction that the synopsis fits on 1 card of whatever size you’ve chosen. Are you sure you need to have physical cards in your hand knowing the labor required in going from a pencil change on a card to inputting that change into Scrivener and then back to a fresh and accurate card?

Printing or screen capturing the actual corkboard view has several issues. What you see on the screen is limited to the current binder selection (like Chapter 1) and the visible size of the window, it may have to be scrolled and re-captured several times to get all the cards in a single chapter. Repeat that for the other chapters. Also, what you see on each card may not be all of the synopsis text as the text is scrollable on the card.

If you really want to print on index cards of some size (they’re not always shown in familiar sizes) you may be able to put page breaks between each title + synopsis and then format the output in your word processor to fit your card stock before printing. That’s if your printer will feed and print on such cards. Note that the text may run to multiple cards.

There is not currently a way to do this on the Windows version. Presumably, because it can be done on the Mac version, this is a feature that’s on the list to be implemented. But there’s no telling how far down the list, or if it’s even a version 1 target feature.

Thank you both. I was looking to print them on a sheet of paper and cut them out if I wanted to shuffle them. But visually I like looking at stuff on paper and thinking about it. The cards on the board is a good image for me. If I could take it with me, I could work while I do other stuff. That was my intention. Hopefully in up coming versions it will be available.