Can you run two versions simultaneously?

I use two monitors. And I want to be able to look at notes from a novel I’ve written on Scrivener on one monitor, while I work on a screenplay of it on the other monitor. In other words, I’d like to have two viewable Scrivener projects running simultaneously, one on each monitor.

Is there a way to do that?

Note: while reading comments on the new Beta version, it was suggested that the Beta be downloaded to a different directory. Could I use the Beta download to accomplish my goal of having the novel project on one screen, and the screen play on the other?

It’s certainly possible to have both the Beta and the regular version running at the same time, as long as they’re not open to the same project – I was doing that the other day, testing out a bug – but there’s also nothing to stop you having two projects open in the regular Scrivener in separate windows, and I don’t see why you couldn’t have one of them on a second monitor.

Two different projects being open at the same time is no big deal. I’ve had as many as 20 (making sure that all of my projects had been converted from the old Mac version 1 format to version 2).

Thanks for the replies everyone :smiley:
Problem solved!!!

What I found interesting about Scrivener is that while most other programs such as Microsoft Word will open up other documents within the current running program; Scrivener starts up an entire new instance of itself… this is actually better because it allows the user to take full advantage of a split screen setup :slight_smile:

The only downside I see is that opening multiple copies of Scrivener could become a memory hog for your system if not enough RAM is installed…