Can you select and drag text in the trial version?

I know someone who is currently using the trial version of Scrivener for Windows. She posted on another board I frequent that she likes the program but misses the ability to select and drag text. I explained to her how to do it, but she says it doesn’t work for her (the text is selected but it doesn’t drag). The only reason I can think of is that it’s because she’s using the trial version. Is the ‘select and drag text’ function disabled in the trial version? It seems like an odd thing to disable, but I can’t figure out any other reason why she wouldn’t be able to select and drag text. :confused:

TIA

The trial version is exactly the regular version, so that can’t be it.

I have this problem occasionally on my laptop (and not on the desktop). Have her turn on the headers/footers (information bars for the document) and see if that fixes things. It is what makes it work on the laptop, for whatever reason.

I may be mistaken, but I recall someone else having this problem, and the solution was to wait for a second or two before attempting the click-and-drag. Clicking too soon after the text selection just caused the text to be un-selected.

This is indeed a known bug with no solution at the moment. I am only aware of two other instances, and neither of them revealed any clues as to what caused the problem. In one case it just mysteriously vanished after a time and drag and drop text worked after that point. In the other case, the person reporting the bug never got back with further details, so I presume it vanished for them as well.

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I was really confused because I’ve never had any problems dragging and dropping text in Scrivener, and I’ve never heard of this bug before. I’ve passed on the information and your suggestions to the poster in the other forum. :slight_smile: