Cannot backup to alternative location

Selecting “backup to” causes screen to rapidly switch between desktop display and scrivener since upgrading to Big Sur.

I’m not seeing that on my system. Which version of Scrivener are you using?

Just updated to 3.2.2 and problem persists.
When I choose the backup option the display moves in an alternating pattern from desktop to scrivener document then back and forth repeatedly.
I recently upgraded to Big Sur.

Thank you for responding.

What location are you trying to backup to? It sounds as if you might not be able to change the location because of it switching back and forth but if you can try hitting Apple-D when it flicks to Scrivener that should change the location to the desktop.

Does Backup Now work? And are the backups being created OK when you close the project?

It might be worth resetting your preferences:
https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/macos-troubleshooting/resetting-preferences

I may have misunderstood your dilemma, but I have attached a screen shot of the backup location bar that allows for an alternate location. In addition, I backup to an external SSD drive all day long with, FILE/BACKUP TO/, and I am using Mac version 3.2.2 on OSX High Sierra, so the issue may be with Big Sur, which is worrisome, since I am expecting the arrival of a new MacBook Pro with, I assume, Big Sur that is due to arrive next week[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.03.15 PM.png[/attachment][attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.03.15 PM.png[/attachment] If this does not solve your problem I am sorry that I have nothing else to add.

Don’t worry, it’s not a general Scrivener/Big Sur issue.

Thank you.