My Dropbox issue resurfaced a few days back.
There are a couple of hundred files, sometimes as few as 10, other times into the high 200s, that just never appear to finish the sync.
Opening the Dropbox/Apps folder in Finder, had two “blue circles” of sync in progress in both 1Password, and Scrivener. No matter what I tried, in terms of restarting/pausing/quitting Dropbox - the sync never finished. It was as if some blockage had occurred, with other Scriverner files syncing ‘around’ the core files that were stuck, but it was not finishing up.
In desperation, I have now removed the two Scriv projects completely from Dropbox, and put them one side. What remains now, are the 1Password files, that are STILL trying to sync. I realise that I can go via iTunes, but honestly, when Dropbox works - it is far more convenient.
To be clear, this is NOT a Scrivener issue per se, but something, somewhere is jamming things. Its as if the sync gets stuck in some sort of an infinite loop.
Opening the Package Contents of the Scrivener project, showed that the few files that were still trying to complete syncing were not “big” by any stretch, a few hundred KBs of text files. The 1Password files were larger, 2mb image files - so that might have been where the issue started. Something potentially interrupted something, possibly while Scrivener was trying to sync, and then it couldn’t complete.
Just to reiterate, I’m not pointing fingers, I am merely popping this up here to possibly shed some light on something that could be affecting one or two others.
I will follow up at 1Password, to see if something can be recommended from that side.