Cannot see top of binder pane

Hi:

I am new to scrivener, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

However, I can’t see the top of the Binder pane. The very top with the project title and the top of the tree is not visible, and I can’t see any way to make it visible.

There’s no scroll bar on the binder pane, and if I try selecting an item and then using the up arrow key to change the selection, the selected (highlighted) item moves up the tree when I press the up arrow key, but just stops at the highest visible item, even though there are other invisible items above it.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thank you

rdatlanta

All I can think is that you may have accidentally opened a collection, so you’re viewing only a subset of the binder documents rather than the full binder. Do you see a circled “x” in the bottom of the binder? If so, click that to return to the full binder view. Otherwise, could you perhaps get a screenshot showing the binder? That might help us better grasp what’s going on. Just use the PrintScreen key to take the snapshot, then paste into MS Paint and save as a JPG to attach here.

No, don’t have a symbol as you described.

Attached is jpeg of my screen.

Thanks

Ah, ok. It’s actually just an XP quirk. There isn’t anything above that in the binder; the little dotted line of the tree just runs off the top. So you are in fact seeing the whole thing, and nothing’s wrong at all. :slight_smile:

Okay, if that’s normal then fine. I had thought that there was a top of the project line with the title of the project on it, but may be I imagined that from looking at my Outlook.

Thank you.

Yes, the title of the project (that is, the file name) only shows in the title bar at the top of the window.