I think I have come across with a bug…
This happens since I updated to Mac OS Yosemite
- Open a project in Scrivener
- I have the writing panel toggled into two.
- It opens the documents from the last session in each panel
- I select another document from the binder and they do not appear in the writing panel
- There are no crashes, they only do not appear
I am using the latest version of Scrivener
Intel Mac Yosemite
Ok, I got a crashed report.
- I opened the latest backup I had to see if I got the same problem
- I could select documents form the binder
- I close the project, so I could copy the backup to my working folder
- Scrivener crashed
Are either of the documents that are currently shown in the split views PDF files? If so, check out this article: PDFs in Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) cause editor to become stuck.
As for the crash, does the report mention Growl near the top? If so it’s a known bug that should be fixed soon. It’s a benign crash, as far as I can tell it happens after the project has been successfully closed. I usually don’t even realise it has happened until I start up the next session and see the report.
This problem persists even in the case of non pdf documents.
After the steps listed at http://scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/mac-os-x-troubleshooting/pdfs-in-mac-os-x-1010-yosemite-cause-editor-to-become-stuck didnt help, I resorted to deleting the Settings/ui.plist file within the .scriv package. It then started working again.