Can't Compile Amz Kindle Format With Scrivener3.2.2

I have Scriv3.2.2 on MacOs Catalina 10.15.7 and have tried to compile using Scrivener Ebook for Kindle .mobi. I get the typical “KindleGen failed to generate a .mobi file at the expected location.” I google’d that and seems that in the past it was a security issue on Mac resolved by fixing KindleGen. Except KindleGen no longer exists and can’t be downloaded. Amazon’s page says “KindleGen is no longer available for download. Please use Kindle Previewer to convert, preview, and validate your eBooks. Kindle Previewer provides the same functionality of KindleGen and, in addition, provides:” Even LL’s page Working With Ebooks- Links to Ebook Utilities and Editors points to the KindleGen link, but that link goes to a non-existent page. So I’m stuck because Scrivener is looking for KindleGen and I don’t think I have it. I’ve install KindlePreviewer3 and Scrivener doesn’t use that. Any suggestions, please. I don’t use Word much so formatting in that would be painful.

There’s a copy of KindleGen embedded in KIndle Previewer, which Scrivener should use automatically. That part is probably working correctly, since if Scrivener were unable to find KindleGen at all, you’d see a different error message.

Please open a support ticket, here:

Do you realize that Amazon don’t want books submitted in .mobi and longer?

Initially I compiled to .mobi to ensure output was correct, however of late I’ve just gone straight to .ePub and submitted in that format.

Yes I just found that out. I’m able to make a print compile and thinking that might work since Kindle create offers word doc templates. The print compile shows in Word and I don’t really see any difference.