Can't edit word doc after compile

I’ve been using Scrivener for a while, and now I need to compile and output a word doc for my editor. I successfully compiled, trying both .docx and .rtf, but when I open the files in word, I am unable to edit the text. I can bold, underline, etc. but can’t type, cut, paste, etc. Been searching for an answer on the boards here but can’t seem to find one. I’m using Scrivener version 2.3 on Mac Yosemite and Word 2008. Thanks!

One thing you should do is upgrade Scrivener to the latest version since you are using the latest Mac OS X. But I doubt that will change anything with how Word works.

As to the Word issue, I am not knowledgeable enough in the software to figure that out. I seem to recall MS Word has a “safety” mode that disables all macros and editing until you bypass it—but I recall it being prominently displayed in the same area it displays “Compatibility Mode”. Hopefully someone that knows how to actually use Word can chime in here. :slight_smile:

Thanks.
Got it to work. Some combo of upgrading Scrivener and restarting Word seems to have done the trick.