Can't figure out indents on compile

I’m working in the latest version of Scrivener for Windows.

Working from the short story template, I want to have no indent at the beginning of my paragraphs (indent is the default). So I change it (at least I think I do), but when I compile the indents are still there. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Here’s how the compile screen looks:
scrivener2.jpg

Hi, Major Major,

The settings seem to be correct, and override is checked too, so it should work. However, your screenshot shows the Folders formatting. If you have the text you want to compile in Text documents, make sure the indent is removed also in the other two categories below in the Formatting pane.

Also, make sure the “Compile as is” is not checked on every document you want to have compiled as per your formatting settings.

Hope this helps!

r6d2 -

Thanks for the hint. Changing the 3rd level (but not the 2nd) seemed to do the trick. I can’t for the life of me figure out how these levels relate to the document. Can you give me any clarification.

Every element on your binder is either a folder, a document container or a text document, and Scrivener allows you to select a format for each of them.

I’d definitely recommend you to read section 22.8 Formatting of the Scrivener manual. Any attempt to cover the topic here would over simplify it too much, I’m afraid.

Thanks r6d2, I’ll take a look at that.