Can't find my index cards on the Corkboard

Hello,

I was storyboarding my novel with index cards on the corkboard, and I don’t know if I accidentally hit a button or clicked the mouse wrong, but all the cards disappeared from the corkboard and I’ve spent an hour trying to find them and can’t. They are still listed in the binder, below the master folder for the project, but I cannot get them back onto the corkboard. Can anyone help? Thanks///Bob Ryan :open_mouth:

Hi, bobryan, and welcome to the forum!

The corkboard view shows the cards starting from the point you are positioned on the binder, perhaps you inadvertently clicked a lower level document in the binder with no children and that’s what you’re seeing.

Could you try this?

1. Click on the Draft folder (or Manuscript, whatever its name is depending on the template you used) on the Binder.

2. Click on the Corkboard view mode button.

Does this help?

Thanks for responding. I did use your suggestion, quoted below:

"The corkboard view shows the cards starting from the point you are positioned on the binder, perhaps you inadvertently clicked a lower level document in the binder with no children and that’s what you’re seeing.

Could you try this?

1. Click on the Draft folder (or Manuscript, whatever its name is depending on the template you used) on the Binder.

2. Click on the Corkboard view mode button.

Does this help?"

but, alas, it doesn’t solve my problem. I use Scrivener almost entirely for the corkboard, to storyboard/outline my novels. I always have the binder on the left, which at present at the top has the 3 usual “tabs” that say Search Results, then Binder, then Binder again. Then it has what I call the master file–which I’ve renamed storyboard–then underneath that icons (cards) for each index card (scene) I’ve placed on the corkboard. For whatever reason–which has driven me almost to the point of plunging an ice pick into my skull :confused: --I can’t do the most routine of tasks, which is to get my index cards displayed on the corkboard. They’re in there, and something that should take 2 seconds has now seemingly become impossible. Anyhoo, I’m looking at the blank corkboard, clicking on the master folder, and no index cards are showing up on the corkboard. Could I have inadvertently changed the master (Storyboard) folder that holds the index cards from file to folder or somehow altered it so that it’s not responding?

OK, let’s try the following.

1. Just for clarity, dismiss the collections view by pressing the Collections toolbar button (unless you’ve changed the toolbar, it should be the second button from the top left, just to the right of the Binder button). This will remove from your view the top two extra tabs you’re seeing.

2. Click on any document in the Binder and select them all with Ctrl-A.

3. Click on the Corkboard view button if not already selected.

Does this help?

If it does, your documents are probably not longer under the Draft folder, but at the same level instead. You can move them back into place by selecting and dragging them to the Draft folder.

If this does not help, please post a screenshot of your Scrivener window. It may help to clarify the matter.

Problem solved. Thank you ever so much. Best Regards, Bob Ryan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: