Can't open doc a partner is sharing with me

Help! A writing partner has shared a file with me and there are the error messages I’m getting when I try to open it. I can’t find anything about this specific error.
In order, I get the first picture, then I press OK and get the second and third pix (errors) right on top of each other. When I click okay through them, I get the fourth error, then when I click okay the project “opens” but with zero words/zero characters. (blank). Any ideas?? Thank you!!! [attachment=2]scrivener help.png[/attachment][attachment=1]scrivener error message 2.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]scrivener error message 3.JPG[/attachment]

:mrgreen: (I’ll try to reply with the other two errors because it’ll only let me add three pix.] :mrgreen:

Last two errors messages I get when I click through: [attachment=1]scrivener error message 4.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]scrivener error message 5.JPG[/attachment]

At this point when I click okay I get the project opened but totally blank. No characters. Any ideas?

At a guess (no more than that) I would suspect the “Mom.scriv Recovered” in the middle of the folder name, specifically the “.”. Everything after that “.” would, I think, be interpreted as a filename extension, which might cause Windows issues; and/or the presence of “.scriv” in the middle of the path instead of at the end might be confusing to Scrivener. This is speculation by someone only moderately knowledgeable. But try it without that “.” in the target (To) folder name and see what happens.