Can't see found text in Selected Text

If I search (cmd-F) for something in “Entire File” , the found text is highlighted in blue: no problem here. If I select text before search, the background color of the selection is blue. When I switch to the find window, the background color of the selection turns gray. After a search in “Selected Text”, the found text is not highlighted differently, and I cannot see it.

I’m not sure how this behavior relates to the defaults in the Fonts and Colors preference panel: editor background gray, search highlight color something like pink.

Steve
OS X 10.4.11 PB G4 Scrivener 1.51

If the editor background colour is grey, then presumably that is why you can’t see it? Can you post a screenshot? OS X uses grey for selected text in an unfocussed window across the system, and there is no way to change it.
All the best,
Keith

This happens only when I select the entire text in a document. When I select a portion, I have the same issue as in: https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/bug-in-case-sensitive-search/6114/1

-Steve
gray.pdf (25 KB)

Wait, I think I know the problem, though it’s not a bug. In the Find panel, if you click “Next”, it looks for the next word after the end of the selection. If you click “Previous”, it looks for the previous word before the beginning of the selection. So if all the text is selected, it will not find anything. You’ll find the same behaviour in Text Edit, on which Scrivener’s find panel is based.

As for “Selected Text”, this only affects “Replace” - if you look you will see that it is clearly labelled “Replace All Scope”. It has no effect on finding when not replacing.

All the best,
Keith

I suspected it was something of the sort.

Thanks

Sorry–I didn’t see the “scope” description for “selected text”. Also, see the proper search highlight color when I initiate search via the tool bar.

Thanks,

Steve

Looking at other apps, it does seem that only TextEdit and those programs using the same system have the limitation of not being able to search properly if all the text is selected, so I have found a fix for that for 2.0.
Thanks and all the best,
Keith