Centering and alignment issues

I’m helping to produce a short story anthology and having issues getting things to align properly in both Kindle and epub formats.

The issue is around the centering of chapter titles and author names. The two are not in proper alignment and it looks odd:

Screen shot 2014-10-27 at 27 Oct 08.15.17.png

Screen shot 2014-10-27 at 27 Oct 08.14.42.png

The title is being created during the compile process from the file name. The author name is present at the top of the text file and is center aligned. I’ve checked the ruler in both the text files and in the compile / formatting area and the correct elements are centered and there are no indents which would be causing this. All the text is set to the same margins.

So what could be causing this? I’m happy to provide the scriv file if this helps. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Would AmberV’s reply in the thread below apply in your situation?

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/remove-indent-on-image-caption/26564/2

Brian - it doesn’t seem to, no.

It looks as if some unwanted spaces have found their way into the Compile>Formatting window.

I’ve checked for that (over and over) and can’t find any spaces anywhere.

Yes, please send a copy of the project in to our support address. Just use the File/Back Up/Back Up To… command to create a zip compressed copy, if it is open. Or if it is closed, you can just right-click in Finder and compress the project there and attach the .zip file.

I am thinking about spelling my name with a capital R at the end … BriaR :smiley:

SORRY! Too flustered to read properly…

Hey, it could be worse. People could just shorten Briar to Ira, much in the same way that they take the “ob” from “Robert” and come up with “Bob”. :unamused: